Terms of Service
Please read all of the following information carefully.
By agreeing to commission me, you automatically accept my Terms of Service.
Image Rights & Usage
- I reserve the right to refuse any commission request without written or verbal reason.
- I reserve the right to adjust the pricing on a project before payment has been made, depending on complexity, or time required of the commission.
- Commissions are to be used for personal use only. If you would like a commission for commercial purposes, please check the appropriate option on the Order Form.
- Only 2 minor edits will be allowed during the commission process. More than 2 small changes will incur fees.
- All formal discussion of the commission will be done strictly through e-mail to keep reliable and official records of the conversation.
- I reserve the right to edit and revise these Terms of Service and my policies at anytime.
- A maximum of 3 reasonable changes can be requested during the initial sketches. Afterwards, any additional alterations (other than the 2 minor edits) will result in extra fees. Please be descriptive, clear and complete when filling out the order form to reduce unnecessary edits.
- All illustration commissions require reference images that show the character fully and clearly with solid colors to avoid design fees. This may come in the form of detailed and legible sketches with colored outlines. Google images or photo references to clothing, hair styles, face shape, accessories, etc. are NOT acceptable.
- Order forms that do not include character reference pictures will incur a Design Fee of at least $30, depending on complexity, details, and polishing required.
- Default backgrounds will include a solid color or gradient or simple pattern. Backgrounds requiring more customization will be charged extra.
- Prices are in USD (American Dollars). I accept all currencies, but foreign exchange rates may apply. Please check current currency exchange rates here.
- All commissions are PayPal only. Payments are made via PayPal invoices, which I will send to the commissioner once the price and details of the commission(s) have been determined.
- Anything under $100 requires full payment up-front, otherwise payment in installments may be arranged. This usually entails 50% of the total payment up-front, and 50% after completion.
- The commissioner has 7 days to make their payment in full after an invoice has been sent, unless a payment plan has been previously discussed. Commissioners who want to set up a payment plan for large commissions may request to do so when filling out the Order Form.
- I will NOT start the commission until payment has been received. This is to ensure that no work will go wasted in case the client wishes to drop the project last minute.
- RUSH FEE: Depending on the scope of the project, a normal illustration commission can take anywhere from a few days to three months depending on details and current workload. To ensure a quicker turnaround time, please notate a rush fee on the Order Form for a guaranteed delivery date.
- REFUNDS: A full refund will be given if NO work has been started. A partial (50%) refund will be given if I have begun the sketch or line inking process. No refund will be given once coloring has started or final iterations are being made.
- I reserve the right to cancel and refund a commission at any time, with prior notification to the commissioner, due to poor communication, inappropriate behavior, medical emergency or any kind of abuse.
Image Rights & Usage
- I reserve full rights to any non-commercial image and its distribution and use, unless otherwise specified. I may choose to display commissioned images on any of my websites, social media or portfolio.
- You must not claim my work as your own.. If uploading the final product to an online gallery, website or social media, credit to Sorabokki is optional, but greatly appreciated.
- The commissioned image may NOT be used for commercial or profit purposes unless a commercial use fee has been paid, including editing, reproducing, selling, or copying the final artwork, or using as prints and redistributing the commissioned image. You must pay commercial fees to retain rights to display the finished product that may result in any kind of money gain (e.g. YouTube videos, posters for paid events, merchandise, branding). The exceptions include personal use such as wallpapers, cropping the image for avatars/icons, printing the image for personal display, etc.
- Commissioned works may be used by their respective commissioners only, unless explicit permission is given by the commissioner.